The Botanic Gardens of South Australia owns and operates all parking on Plane Tree Drive and offers a number of disabled parks close to the zoo main entrance.
Visitors have access to a number of 4 and 10 hour parking spaces; Zoos SA recommends reviewing parking access through the Botanic Gardens link provided below:
Parking on Plane Tree Drive
Zoos SA offers a range of admission options and offers a discounted concession rate with any valid Government issued concession card.
Click here to purchase your tickets.
Government Issued Carer & Companion Cards
Zoos SA recognises the national Government issued Companion Card and Carer Australia Card. Free entry is offered for carers accompanying a person with a disability when using one of the approved cards below.
Zoos SA recognises and accepts the below Government Issued Carer & Companion Cards:
- Government issued Carers Australia card for each Australian State
- Government issued Companion Card for each Australian State
- QLD Government Issued Carer Card
- Government issued Foster Carer Card
- SA Department for Education and Child Development
- We Care Victoria Government Carer Card
Wheelchairs are available for hire from the Information Desk located near the zoo entrance. The hire cost is $15, which is inclusive of a $10 deposit. It is recommended that if you wish to hire a wheelchair for your zoo visit, to book in advance by contacting our friendly bookings team on 08 8267 3255.
Zoos SA is unfortunately unable to allow assistance animals on site due to federal quarantine restrictions. Temporary accommodation for assistance dogs can be provided; however, it is recommend leaving service animals at home. Zoos SA recommends visiting with friends or family who can assist during your visit.
Adelaide Zoo is equipped with accessible toilet facilities to ensure the safety and privacy of all our visitors.
Accessible toilets are located at:
Natures Playground (Map Ref: 14C)
Rotunda (Map Ref: 9H)
Envirodome (Map Ref: 10Q)
The Natures Playground accessible toilet is fitted with a full body ceiling hoist that is readily available and designed to meet the needs of the individual and carer while visiting the zoo. The following information is important to note:
- Individuals will need to bring their own loop sling upon visiting the zoo.
- This hoist is compatible with loop style slings, as opposed to clip style slings.
- The hoist is Regent brand and made from mesh fabric.
- Fitted with a 2 point spreader bar and colour coded positioning lifting straps.
- Excellent back and neck support for individuals who require this type of assistance.
- Made to Australian standards N.A.T.A.
- (Please note that the ceiling hoist SWL is 200kg, this is the maximum weight it can take regardless of the SWL of the sling).
- Zoo employees and volunteers are neither permitted nor trained to lift an individual or help them inside a restroom.
This disability hoist is proudly supported by PQSA and supplied by Equip 4 Living.
Download the ‘Handimove Sling User Guide’
Seating and Drinking Fountains
Accessible drinking fountains are readily available and situated throughout the Zoo.
Seating options and picnic tables are also available and can be located using the map key.
The Wisteria Restaurant and Fig Tree Café offer a range of tasty treats and hot food. Both sites are wheelchair accessible and offer highchair and seating facilities.
The Zoo shop is wheelchair accessible and located next to the zoo main entrance. Don’t miss the chance to purchase unique zoo memorabilia; it’s the best way to remember your experience at one of Adelaide’s most iconic attractions.
Adelaide Zoo retains many of its original buildings and features, in which some are state heritage listed places. Our walkways and trails are accessible for individuals with wheelchairs, please refer to the map key to familiarise yourself with the location of the only stair case within the zoo.