Our Boo at the Zoo Halloween event is rapidly approaching! We are looking for a team of volunteers to help serve treats – not tricks – to our spooktacular guests!
Work alongside our team of dedicated volunteers and staff to create an unforgettable and magical experience for everyone at Adelaide Zoo.
About the volunteering role
Boo at the Zoo volunteers will look after a treat station on the trick or treat trail.
It will be a fast-paced environment with over 3,750 guests.
- Help create a magical experience for guests on the trick or treat trail in a customer facing role (not volunteering directly with animals)
- Distribute one item for each guest
- Stamp special Halloween maps
- Control and manage lines between treat stations to ensure quick service
- Ensure the station is clean and presentable
- Manage the station radio with proper etiquette and in accordance to the ZSA procedures – which you will be briefed on
- Talk about your treat station product professionally and appropriately
If you love talking and answering questions from our eager-to-learn visitors, this is the role for you!
To volunteer at the event you will:
- Have a National Police Certificate (mandatory)
- Be relatively fit and able to work on your fee for the required time
- Enjoy talking to people and answering questions
- Be confident and outgoing
- Display a high level of customer service
- Be confident in speaking to the general public, both one-on-one and in small groups
- Be organised and reliable
- Have the ability to adapt to a new environment quickly
- Reflect the Zoos SA values (working together, innovating, leading with integrity, delivering purpose)
Volunteer induction training
Volunteers must attend an induction briefing on Wednesday 18 October.
This induction will cover:
- Health and Safety
- Site policies
- Event procedures
- Critical event topics
If you are already a volunteer at Zoos SA, you must still attend the induction to learn about the specifics for this spooky event.
Event volunteering schedule
Boo at the Zoo is on Friday 27 October and volunteers will commit to the following schedule:
- 3:15pm – spooktacular volunteers are expected to arrive
- 3:15 to 3:30pm – check in, collect your free dinner voucher and radio
- 3:30 to 4:00pm – set up your treat station
- 4:00pm – event starts
- 8:00 to 8:15pm – clean up and pack up
Volunteers receive a free dinner
Dinner will be on us! You will be provided a voucher for our scrumptious BBQ during a 30 minute break.
Don’t forget to bring your own water bottle – there are plenty of refill stations available!
To apply, email Michelle Reynolds via [email protected]