Join us at Adelaide and Monarto Safari Park these school holidays as we explore the wonders of animal biomechanics! Fun-filled activities and interesting displays will allow your child to discover what their favourite zoo resident would look like if it were a machine.
Find out what robotic movements help our wallabies jump, the chameleons tongue spring for its food, and check out how the movements inside a pelican’s gular help them digest their food.
And while you are there, make sure you take a walk on the wild side and experience Adelaide Zoo’s new Nature’s Playground! The new playground has become the hottest, must do activity for all Adelaide families. A place where visitors of all ages can let their imaginations run wild, have fun, challenge themselves and explore the natural world. Nature’s Playground is free to use when you purchase a ticket to Adelaide Zoo.
What better way to spend time outdoors and encourage intuitive learning?
- Free animal booklet with information on how that section of the animal works.
- Five onsite upcycled items children can interact with.
- Bunnings Children’s Crafts weekdays excluding public holidays at the Children’s Zoo Barn from 11am to 1pm
- Meet The Keeper talks daily:
- 10:30am – 11:30 Children’s Zoo Animal Encounter (map ref. W14)
- 10:45am South East Asia Birds (map ref. N6)
- 11:00am Giant Panda (map ref. I14)
- 11:15am Animals in action show (map ref. Q10 Westpac Envirodome)
- 11:45am Sea Lion (map ref. S9)
- 1:15pm Flying colours free flight experience (map ref. J5 Central Lawn)
- 1:30pm Hippopotamus (map ref. E14)
- 1:40pm African Lion (feed Tues, Thurs, Sat & Sun) (map ref. K4)
- 2:00pm Sumatran Tiger (map ref. O4)
- 2:15pm Little Penguin (map ref. U13)
- 2:30pm Australian Pelican (map ref. J8)
- 2:30pm Orangutan (map ref. P4)
- 3:30pm Australian Rainforest Bird (map ref. N11)