For Owners of SLR Cameras
These one-day courses will focus mainly on “hands on” photography with unique animal encounters only available to our course participants. The two courses are run on Sundays and will vary to cater for the needs of all keen SLR photographers, whatever your skill level!
Professional photographer Lindsay Poland from ‘Camera Perfect’ takes you on a tour through the beautiful surroundings of Adelaide Zoo to share his secrets of perfect animal photography. Learn how to photograph through glass and how to make the wire disappear plus many more ‘tricks of the trade’ that will help to enhance your skills.
Introduction to SLR photography
Sunday 3rd November
Sunday 24th November
The introductory course is a fabulous launching pad for those starting out in the world of SLR photography:
- A guide to the principles of better composition
- A look at the 3 key elements of exposure
- When and how to use priority modes
- How and why to control aperture and shutter speed
- Examples of the benefits and pitfalls to controlling your ISO
- Choosing both your focusing mode and focus area
- An introduction to colour theory
- A look at filters and how they can further enhance your images
Enthusiasts SLR photography
Sunday 17th November
Sunday 8th December
The Enthusiasts course is great for people wanting to really fine-tune their SLR photography skills:
- How to photograph animals in flight and on the move
- Capturing colour exercise
- Key elements to black and white photography
- Perfecting filter use to further refine your images
- Composition and lighting best suited for wildlife & nature
- An introduction to Macro photography
- Introduction to long exposure using ND filters
$150.00 (discount price for both Courses of $250.00) and is suitable for adults and senior secondary photography students. Discounts apply to Zoo Members ($130 for one course; $210 for both).
If you are interested in booking both the introductory and Enthusiasts courses please contact our Bookings team on tel. 8267 3255 to make your booking over the phone.
Numbers limited to 14 people per course so get in early!
Book Introduction to Animal Photography
Book Enthusiasts SLR Photography